Sunday, November 30, 2008

History Lesson









I went to an art museum today: Ayala Museum. I guess i really am my mother's child. I learned a lot about the history of the Philippines. Apparently this little island chain has been occupied by the french, the spanish, the british, and the United States. So there were a lot of wars, as you can imagine, but also a lot of different influences that make this place unique. Again, i will probably learn little to no Tagolog because EVERYONE speaks english. They probably speak spanish too. Man, i really need to get on this language train, there's really no excuse at this point. Ill have to learn spanish first, because my family is from Panama and i shouldn't disgrace them anyone :) then maybe ill learn portugese because its so beautiful. Itll give me an excuse to move to Brazil. Then what? Maybe something non-latin based. Any ideas? How about Hindi? Japanese? Hawaiian? Icelandic?
The world if my oyster, after all.

No comments: